How To Grow Your Own Broccoli Sprouts or ANY Sprouts!
**CLICK SHOW MORE**To see how to sprout your own sprouts!
Cog Hill Farm Merchandise:
All you need is a high quality edible organic broccoli seeds for sprouting & sterile mason jar! EASY!
**Always use high quality organic sprouting seeds and do not use any kind of manure to grow microgreens or other tray sprouts that require a soil medium.**
ONLY USE Certified organic sprouting seeds for HUMAN CONSUMPTION ONLY!
**WARNING** Like any fresh produce that is consumed raw or lightly cooked, sprouts carry a risk of foodborne illness. So GROW SPROUTS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!***
Growing your own sprouts or microgreens is so easy, anyone can do it, & I mean anyone!! And not only are sprouts delicious, they are super healthy for you, especially broccoli sprouts!!
*Directions: How to grow your own sprouts
1. Add 2 TBS of broccoli sprouting seeds(Certified organic sprouting seeds for human consumption) to a quart jar.
2. Cover with a few inches of filtered water and cap with the sprouting lid or screen.
3. Store in a warm, dark place overnight. I used my kitchen cabinet.
4. The next morning, drain the liquid off and rinse with fresh water. Be sure to drain all the water off.
5. Repeat this 2-4 times a day. Continue to store your seeds in a warm, dark place.
6. Around day 5 or 6, the sprouts will be an inch or so long and have yellow leaves. Now you can move the sprouts out into the light.
7. Continue to rinse them 2-4 times a day until the leaves are dark green. Now they are ready to eat
8. This whole process will take about 5-8 days.
9. Once they are ready, replace the sprouting lid with a standard mason jar lid and store in the refrigerator.
10. Serve on top of salads, soups, sandwiches, burgers, etc
Recommend disinfecting your seeds prior to sprouting, bc if not properly disinfected, all seeds have the possibility of carrying foodborne pathogens. It’s recommended that you disinfect the outside of your seeds and your sprouting container prior to sprouting. There are many methods of seed preparation ranging from rinsing with hot water or soaking in hot hydrogen peroxide, to washing with vinegar, a diluted bleach solution, or grapefruit seed extract. The current recommendation to use in the home is by heating for 5 minutes in a solution of 3% hydrogen peroxide at 140F. It is important to maintain this temperature using a clean, accurate cooking thermometer. Exceeding this temperature may kill seeds resulting in poor germination. Remove seed and rinse under running room temperature water for 1 min.
ANSWERS TO THE MOST ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT SPROUTING YOUR OWN HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS SEED AT HOME:
*Broccoli sprouts are 10x – 100x higher in some cancer fighting compounds than the actual mature vegetable! “Johns Hopkins scientists have found a new and highly concentrated source of sulforaphane, a compound they identified in 1992 that helps mobilize the body’s natural cancer-fighting resources and reduces risk of developing cancer.”-Dr. Rhoda Patrick
Dr. Rhoda Patrick’s:
Broccoli Spouts/Sulforaphane and Its Effects on Cancer, Mortality, Aging, Brain and Behavior, Heart Disease & More:
How To Increase Sulforaphane in Broccoli Sprouts by ~3.5-fold:
5 Amazing Health Benefits of Broccoli Sprouts:
1. Support for healthy aging
2. Defence against disease
3. Early evidence for sulforaphane’s potential to favourably impact autism
4. Potential support for the cardiovascular system
5. Improving gut health
I hope you enjoyed this youtube video on how to grow broccoli sprouts or microgreens & I hope you give sprouting a shot, bc it so easy to sprout your own greens, and broccoli sprouts are so tasty, & broccoli sprouts, or any sprouts are so darn healthy for you!!
Broccoli Sprouts are a SUPERfood that can detox your body & help your overall health bc they are slap full of antioxidants & vitamins. & broccoli sprouts contain high amounts of
health benefits of broccoli sprouts | health benefits of sprouts | sulforaphane | cancer fighting | cancer fighter
Originally Posted Here